December 6th, 2021
Delaware County remains at a HIGH level of community transmission. CDC & Delaware County Public Health recommends everyone vaccinated and unvaccinated wear a mask indoors in public places. Hand-washing & social distancing continue to be effective protection measures to reduce the chance of contracting the virus.
COVID-19 vaccines are effective at helping protect against severe disease and death from variants of the virus that causes COVID-19 currently circulating, including the Delta variant. The majority of cases occurring are among unvaccinated individuals.
If you have not been vaccinated yet please get vaccinated. Search for clinic sites at
53.7% of the total population are vaccinated
85% of the positive cases are unvaccinated
15% of the positive cases are vaccinated
19% of the positive cases are Pre-K-12th students/employees
<1% of the positive cases are college students/employees
Beginning September 13th the COVID dashboard will be publicized M, W, F excluding holidays.
Number of labs received no longer will be reported. 7 day positivity rate will be reported.
- Wear a mask
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick-including mild symptoms.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- At the workplace and home clean high traffic surfaces often
- Avoid eating together in break-rooms
Healthy People Living in Healthy and Thriving Communities
Delaware County Public Health Services, located in Delhi, NY, serves the residents of Delaware County. Delaware County is the fourth largest of New York’s 62 counties and is the fifth most rural. The county is bordered by 7 counties and the state of Pennsylvania.
Talk to Someone Now!
New York State Department of Health Hot Line for Measles: 888-364-4837.
NYSDOH information on immunizations link:
NY State of Health: What Does it Mean for You?
“NY State of Health, The Official Health Plan Marketplace, is where New Yorkers can shop for, compare and enroll in health insurance coverage. You have a choice of health plans and help finding the plan that is right for you. It’s the only place to get financial assistance to reduce the cost of coverage.
Health insurance offered in the Marketplace includes a comprehensive set of benefits.
To learn more, visit nystateofhealth.ny.gov or call 1-855-355-5777.”